ADU Contractor West LA, California
These commonly referred to as ADUs, are additional living quarters on a property that is separate from the primary residence. For an ADU Contractor in West LA, these can be created through the conversion of existing space such as a basement or garage, or they can be built new as an addition to the property as well.
In the city of West LA, California, ADU must be approved through the planning process and must comply with all applicable zoning requirements. ADUs provide an opportunity for homeowners to create additional income streams, house extended family members, or provide housing for guests or tenants.
For more information on ADU in West LA, please contact us today to get started on your dream ADU in West LA!
Best ADU West LA Contractor.
discover your dream West LA ADU?
Accessory dwelling units, also known as ADUs, are a great way to add additional living space to your home.
They can be used as a rental unit, in-law suite, or even just a private space for guests.
Accessory dwelling unit, commonly known as ADUs, are becoming increasingly popular in West LA as a way to create additional living space.
Whether you’re looking for a place for an aging parent, an adult child, or a tenant, an ADU can provide the perfect solution.
In addition, ADUs can be a great way to generate rental income. With the current housing market in West LA, there has never been a better time to build an ADU.
WE’RE A LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHO PAYS ATTENTION TO YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS.
The ADU West LA team is here to help you every step of the way, from obtaining the necessary permits to finding the right contractor.
If you’re in West LA, please contact us today to get started on your dream ADU!
ADU West LA Services
If you’re thinking about adding an ADU to your property, there are a few things you need to know first.
The first step is to check with your local planning department to see if there are any restrictions on building an ADU in your neighborhood. Once you’ve done that, it’s time to start thinking about what type of unit you want to build.
There are many different types of ADUs, from small studio units to larger two-bedroom units. You’ll also need to decide if you want to build the unit from scratch or convert an existing space, such as a garage or guest house.
We begin by creating your dream Accessory dwelling units with our state-of-the-art 3D design service.
We will take care of demolition and cleaning and turn your new Accessory dwelling units it into something special.
We make sure you get all the permits if necessary.
Our West LA ADU services will help you make your space more efficient.
Lighting fixtures that will give your home’s interior its perfect atmosphere? We’ve got it covered!
Whether you’re looking for a sleek, contemporary style or traditional elegance – we have the cabinets to suit your needs.
Bathroom renovations will need some pluming work, to help you out, we offer a range of plumbing services as well!
Accessory dwelling unit countertops? We offer a wide variety of stone, quartz, and marble options that will add beauty while also being functional in their use.
Finding the right flooring material for you and installing it correctly is important, but we take care of that too!
We know you want the best, so our experts will help you with Windows & Doors installation for all your needs!
Do you need an ADU West LA Inspiration? check this out!
Let's Assess Your West LA ADU Needs
Accessory dwelling units, or ADUs, are a type of secondary housing unit that can be used for a variety of purposes. In West LA, ADUs are typically used as rental units, guesthouses, or in-law suites.
However, they can also be used as primary residences, office spaces, or even recreational spaces. Regardless of how they are used, ADUs can provide a number of benefits to homeowners.
Accessory dwelling units, or ADUs, are becoming increasingly popular in West LA. These secondary units can provide additional living space for family members, and guests, or even generate income through rentals. However, the process of designing and building an ADU can be complex. Fortunately, there are a few key things to keep in mind that can help make the process go more smoothly.
First, it’s important to research the requirements and restrictions for ADUs in your city or county. Every jurisdiction has different rules and regulations governing its construction, so it’s important to be aware of these before you start designing your unit. Second, it’s also a good idea to hire an experienced architect or designer who specializes in ADUs.
They will be familiar with the local regulations and can help ensure that your unit is designed to meet all the requirements. Finally, once you have your plans finalized, it’s important to find a reputable contractor who has experience building ADUs. They will be able to guide you through the construction process and make sure that your unit is built to code.
If you’re thinking about adding an accessory dwelling unit to your property, please give us a call and we can help you with the process.
Top notch home remodeling services
Our vision, our passion
Hiring a professional Kitchen Remodeling contractor in West LA and San Fernando Valley area is the best way to ensure that your remodeling plans are well thought out and executed.
We will provide you with everything from kitchen cabinets, to multiple countertop options while paying attention to small details such as lighting fixtures!
kitchenfer will help you transform your bathroom with a new design that is sure to make it stand out, We specialize in remodeling, modernizing, and designing bathrooms for all types of homes.
With our talented team of professionals, we can provide all the necessary services for your bathroom remodeling project in order to achieve exactly what’s desired!
A room addition is a new structure built onto an existing home to create extra space. Room additions are extremely popular due to the fact they add valuable living space as well as home equity.
Our team at KitchenFer is highly experienced at designing and building room additions in West LA, San Fernando Valley, and Ventura County.
Have you been considering a garage conversion? If so, KitchenFer is the company for your! With our process-driven design and construction services, we will take care of everything.
As a homeowner, exploring a garage conversion can be such an exciting time and when you work with our team will make the conversion process as easy for you as possible.
During a time when people are looking for more space in their homes, an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) is often the best solution. ADUs are perfect to add value and more living space to your property.
We’ll handle everything from design to construction so you don’t have any worries at all, we are a professional team that can manage your entire project.
The concept of home remodeling is the process of renovating or making additions to a property. The interior, exterior, and other improvements can include projects such as Kitchen and bathroom remodeling, room additions, garage conversion, accessory dwelling unit and more.
Call us today! We’ll be happy to help you with all home remodeling projects!
West LA ADU FAQs
Accessory dwelling units, or ADUs, are a type of secondary housing unit that is attached or detached from a primary residence.
In the city of West LA, ADUs are commonly referred to as “granny flats” or “in-law units.” They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing additional living space for family members or serving as a rental unit.
ADUs are subject to the same zoning and building regulations as the primary residence on the property. In addition, there are several specific requirements that must be met in order for an ADU to be approved by the city. For instance, the unit must be no larger than 1200 square feet and it must be located on a lot that is at least 6000 square feet in size.
An Accessory Dwelling Unit is a secondary living space that is attached or detached from a primary residence. They are also sometimes called granny flats, in-law units, or secondary units.
To be consistent with the California Building Code and the Health and Safety Code, an Accessory Dwelling Unit must meet the following requirements:
- The unit must be located on a legal parcel of land that contains a single-family dwelling;
- The unit must be subordinate to and have an exterior appearance consistent with the primary dwelling on the same parcel;
- The unit must have no more than two bedrooms and one bathroom;
- The floor area of the unit (excluding any garage) must be 600 square feet or less.
- The unit must be served by utilities from the main dwelling or from separate utility connections. An Accessory Dwelling Unit may also be subject to other local zoning regulations.
For more information on Accessory Dwelling Units in the City of Los Angeles, please contact the Department of City Planning.
They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing extra living space for guests or family members, generating rental income, or creating a separate workspace.
In addition to the financial benefits, ADUs can also help to increase the overall value of your property. ADUs are subject to the same zoning regulations as the primary dwelling unit, so they must meet all local building and safety codes.
As a result, they can provide a much-needed boost to the housing supply in Los Angeles without negatively impacting the quality of life for residents.
If you’re considering adding an ADU to your property, be sure to contact us to learn more about the process and potential benefits.
Yes, ADUs are legal in the city of West LA. In fact, the city has actually been working to make it easier for homeowners to build them by reducing zoning and permitting requirements. For more information on the current regulations surrounding ADUs in West LA, you can visit the website of the Department of City Planning.
- 9 Secrets to Successfully Remodeling a House Together (10 photos) February 28, 2024They say moving is one of the most stressful experiences you can encounter in life. Clearly “they” haven’t attempted a joint renovation project. Add construction dust, decision-making and the absence of a working toilet into the mix and you have a recipe for run-ins. However, there’s something...
- Bathroom of the Week: Sunny and Bright With a Large Shower (8 photos) February 27, 2024A homeowner’s joyful and sunny disposition was the inspiration for this primary bathroom design in Modesto, California. Interior designers Wendy Glaister and Stephanie Poulsen redesigned the primary bedroom in the 1970s ranch house first, while the adjoining bathroom was a later renovation...
- 7 Common Decorating Mistakes to Avoid (7 photos) February 27, 2024An appealing living-room arrangement requires more than a beautiful color scheme and nice furniture. There are other factors to consider, such as balance, proportion and placement. Not sure what that means for you and your living room? We asked three design experts to reveal the most common styling errors...
- 25 Beautiful Butler’s Pantries (25 photos) February 26, 2024Silver service and domestic staff are rare these days, but the demand for, and utility of, butler’s pantries — secondary kitchen spaces used for storage, food prep and hiding messes — remains high. If you’re planning a kitchen remodel and have the square footage (and budget), let these projects recently...
- 5 Kitchen Design Trends Worth Considering (one photo) February 25, 2024Knowing the latest kitchen design and remodeling trends can help you make the best choices when updating your own spaces. To help you get up to speed, we’ve highlighted five popular kitchen remodeling trends from the recently released 2024 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study.
- Thoughtful ADU Expands a Small Lot’s Potential (6 photos) February 25, 2024Architect Marina Rubina set out to maximize the potential of this corner lot in Princeton, New Jersey. The plan included a 2,100-square-foot main house and an 800-square-foot accessory dwelling unit, or ADU. “The key was to make sure each home felt like it had privacy and its own individual property,”...
- Before and After: 3 Front Yards Get Captivating Curb Appeal (9 photos) February 24, 2024Neighbors and passersby sometimes get to reap the benefits of a design overhaul just as much as the homeowners do. And that’s exactly the case with these yards that overlook or abut neighborhood sidewalks. All three homes and their yards have distinct styles, but all brighten and beautify the area for...
- 10 Tips for Clearing Out the Family Home (11 photos) February 24, 2024Recently I assisted two clients who were responsible for clearing out their parents’ house. The spacious residence, purchased 50 years earlier, had once been home to a family with five children. Sadly, both elderly parents had recently passed away and the home needed to be emptied out and...